Recently Government of Andhra Pradesh have brought out Marketing Policy, 2015 vide GOMs No. 27 dt: 6.6.2015.
Following are the important feature of the Policy
a) Regulated Markets – Adopt Technology – Comprehensive Electronic Auction system.
b) Established virtual Market – Linking of Various Regulated markets, Ware houses and cold Storages with assaying and grading facilities.
· Increase competition – Simplification and Single Unified Licensing.
· Private Markets – Encouragement and promotion.
· Quality standards for demand creation - Infrastructure, Capacity building and Awareness creation.
· Empowering Farmers – Farmer Groups.
· Market Development – Agril. Market information system, PPP, Linkages with secondary market and financial situations .
· Contract Farming – Single Point registration and simplification of procedure.
· Infrastructure – Warehousing and logistic parks.
· Regulatory and legislative environment – review and amendments to the existing act.